This vegetable vegan soup, made from fresh vegetables, is a complete treat for cold winter days, and it is a perfect boost to your immune system when you need it the most.
As a child, my mom used to make this recipe every time I was sick. Even now, I make sure to eat this soup on cold-weather nights. This recipe is low in carbs, low in calories and rich in vitamins and minerals. It is the perfect soup and so easy to make.
Tips to make the perfect vegan vegetable soup:
- Saute the onion, leek, celery, and carrots. This brings out all the flavors of the vegetables.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables; make sure they maintain their firm shape.
- Add all fresh herbs 10 min before you take it off the heat.
Make your vegan vegetable soup richer by adding in these simple
- 1/2 cup orange lentils
- 1/2 cup groats
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup chickpeas (can be from a can)
Vegan Vegetable Soup
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 large celery root sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 2 peach pumpkins sliced
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 1 fennel sliced
- 1 parsley root sliced
- Salt to taste to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Water/veggie stock fill 3 fingers from the end of the put
- 4 bay leaves
- In a large soup pot, add the extra virgin olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add in the chopped carrots, fennel, celery, onion, roots, and leeks and stir fry for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir thoroughly. Add enough water to cover the vegetables 3 cm from the lid of the pot.
- Cover the pot and cook the soup for about 45 to 60 minutes. Make sure all the vegetables are well-cooked and are softened-up.
- Add fresh herbs and continue to cook for 10 more minutes.
- You can take out the herbs if you are looking for a clearer soup.
If you are interested in this recipe, you would love:
- Why Are Orange Vegetables Are So Good for Us?+Free Orange Vegan Soup Recipes
- Vegan Creamy Tomato Basil Soup (Whole30, Gluten Free)