This quinoa bowl has everything you need!This quinoa bowl recipe is a complete meal that includes quinoa, roasted cabbage, fresh radishes, avocado, broccoli, and zoodles. Basically, all the things you need in a single bowl. This can be your perfect go-to lunch. It’s healthy, easy to make, and hardly takes any time at all. I love the fact that I can put everything in a jar and save it in the fridge for the next day. When making your own Buddha bowl, include each of these ingredients so that your body gets all the nutrition that it needs:
- Whole grains – like brown rice, quinoa, barley, or bulgur. We use 1/2 cup in a bowl.
- Fresh veggies – you can use all kinds of vegetables in sliced in all kinds of ways (no restriction on the amount).
- Bake or boiled vegetables – We used roasted cabbage and boiled broccoli for this one.
- A healthy fat – olive oil, avocado, tahini, sunflower seed, and olive are examples of healthy fats. Make sure you only use 2 portions of fat in a meal. For example, 1/4 avocado and one tablespoon tahini are 2 fat portions. (If you are not looking to lose weight, you can eat more then 2 portions of fat).
- Protein – top the bowl with Perfect Crispy Baked Tofu or with your preferred type of beans. If you are not vegan, you can add 2 eggs, baked salmon, or roasted chicken.
- Seeds – you can upgrade your bowl by adding 1 tablespoon of chia seeds or flaxseeds.
What about dressing?This is a tricky part, as we all love dressing. But, sometimes by adding the wrong dressing, you eat tons of empty calories when you think you’re eating an innocent healthy bowl. Here’s a tip, make your own dressing by using fresh ingredients. We used 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, half a squeezed fresh lemon, and salt.
Quinoa bowl toppingWhen it comes to topping, everything goes. Toppings-wise, we made use of things we already had, and you can feel free to do likewise. The toppings we suggest are healthy and simple. Here are the toppings we used in my Modern Quinoa Bowl:
- Roasted vegetables: Their slightly smoky flavor is a perfect touch for the quinoa bowl. We used Garlicky Roasted Red Cabbage Steaks.
- Avocado: Tasty and healthy, it makes the quinoa bowl feel a little bit more indulgent.
- Boiled broccoli: Bring a pot of water to boil. Next, prepare a bowl of cold water with ice cubes. Once the water boils, add the broccoli and cook for about 90 seconds. After 90 seconds, drain the vegetables and drop them into the cold water so that they retain their shape and color. Pass everything through a strainer to drain well. You can also use green peas, edamame, or asparagus.
- Zoodles: Spiralize the zucchini. We love adding raw zoodles. We like the texture and the freshness it adds to the quinoa bowl. The easiest method is to first cut the zucchini in half and use a vegetable peeler but feel free to use your favorite way to make zoodles.
- Baked tofu! High in iron and protein and the perfect match to our quinoa bowl.
More Healthy Bowl RecipesBowls are the best way to mix-and-match the flavors and textures that we love, and to arrange a healthy meal without a lot of fuss. Here are our top bowls:
My Modern Quinoa Bowl- Our Favorite Quinoa Bowl Recipe!We love this kind of food – simple, healthy, veggie-packed, protein-rich dishes. It’s what we’re craving right now and we’re sure you are, too. A quinoa bowl is a great meal, and an easy way to turn what you’ve got in the fridge into a healthy, filling dish.
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 500 g tofu, baked or fried
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets
- 1 big zucchini, zoodles
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5 radishes, sliced
- 2 roasted cabbage steaks or fresh cabbage
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, place the tofu cubes. Add the olive oil together with seasoning ingredients (like cornstarch, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper) and toss to thoroughly combine.
- Place the tofu on the baking sheet, ensuring to give each piece space so that it doesn’t touch. Cook for 20 minutes, shaking and flipping the tofu at 10 minutes, then continue to cook.
- Pour the quinoa into a fine-mesh strainer and wash well under cold water. Warm the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the quinoa and fry until dry and starting to look lightly roasted on the tips. Add some water and let the mixture boil for some time. Put the lid on and turn the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Fluff the quinoa with a fork, re-cover, and allow it to rest while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Prepare a bowl of cold water with a few ice cubes and set it next to the stove. Once the water boils, add the broccoli and cook for about 90 seconds. After 90 seconds, drain the water from the broccoli and immediately drop them into the cold water so that they retain their shape and color. Pass everything through a strainer to completely drain the water. Season the broccoli with salt and pepper before adding to the bowl.
- Slice the radishes and the avocado into thin slices.
- Now, spiralize the zucchini. The easiest method is to first cut the zucchini in half and use a small or medium blade but feel free to use any other method you’re comfortable with.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- Before serving, add the quinoa to a large bowl, and garnish with all the amazing toppings.
- Pour the dressing and enjoy.
Slots Bonus funds winnings are capped at £100 + original bonus amount Free Spins expire after 7 days. Amongst the most popular methods of transacting is InstaDebit and by choosing this option players will receive an extra 10% match on deposits, but the fact that he can’t be relied on to help us get out of our problems has been a huge strain and stress. If that inst a problem for you then you are golden I would definitely recommend tulalip casino to a friend or family member who was looking for work https://onlinekazinolatvija.org/. Nämlich: • Einzahlungsmethoden • Auszahlungsmethoden • Abhebegeschwindigkeit • Lizenz • Währung • Anzahl und Vielfalt der Spiele und Entwickler • RTP und Auszahlungsraten • Boni • Sicherheit • Benutzerunterstützung Wir berücksichtigen diese und viele andere Faktoren, wenn wir das beste Online Casinos Schweiz auswählen, das ist was unsere Leser verdienen.https://mymodernoasis.com/homemade-granola/