Everyone knows that water is super important to our wellbeing, especially if you’re trying to lose weight. But, when it comes to diets, it’s hard to drink enough because water can be so boring. In this article, I will show how to turn detox water into the most exciting and reviving ingredient in your new, clinically-proven and easy-to-do diet.
Basically, by adding fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices to water, you not only make it taste better, but it also boosts the health benefits and its ability to cleanse your body.
I love making this detox water because it doesn’t contain any sugar, food dye, and other additives that we usually find in soda drinks.
What is Infused Detox Water?
Infused detox water is clean water mixed with natural ingredients that help to cleanse your body. Make sure to use clean filtered water or you can also use low gas water.
Detox water helps you stay hydrated which is essential for good health. The fresh fruits and herbs also release their benefits into the water for a boost of energy and nutrients. All in all, detox water can play an essential role in improving your health.
There is much advertising about detox water that promises you easy weight loss by only drinking the water and not changing your diet. I think there is no easy way and if I could keep eating pizza all day and lose weight by only drinking water, I would be a happy person. 🙂
What is the Benefit of Infused Detox Water?
- Because it tastes so good, you drink more water and, therefore, it keeps you hydrated.
- It replaces sugary sodas and drinks which will help you lose weight too.
- It keeps you full which will also help curb cravings.
Here are some healthy options to add to your detox water and to give you a boost in flavor:
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory.
- Ginger – anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea, and it also fights infection.
- Coconut Water – contains electrolytes that hydrate, help cleanse and detox.
- Cinnamon – anti-oxidant, and also anti-inflammatory.
- Lemon – immune-booster.
- Cucumber – helps with cleansing and detox.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – aids weight loss and it also burns belly fat, anti-bacterial.
- Green Tea – antioxidant, increases fat-burning, brain-boosting.
- Mint – improves digestion.
- Berries – antioxidant, anti-inflammatory.
- Pineapple and Papaya – contain enzymes that aid in digestion and also reduce bloating.
My Favorite Recipes
Today, I am sharing my favorite combos that are great for the Detox program. By using the combination of fruit and herbs with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, your body will be able to cleanse itself properly. Furthermore, these recipes are full of flavor and are also adaptable.
By all means, play around and find your own special combo. Use seasonal local fruit and herbs (I’m using herbs from my herb garden). You can also try out spice combinations too.
You can easily add this mixture to your water bottle, tumbler, or add to a Mason jar. Then, during the day, refill with water as needed. You can enjoy infused detox water all day whether at work or at home.
Without a doubt, infused detox water is something that will truly benefit your health. It’s important to realize that there are no quick fixes. Although detox water will benefit your health even if you don’t adapt your diet, to experience maximum benefit, it’s important to also combine it with a healthy diet and exercise routine.
Body Cleansing Turmeric Ginger Water
- 4 cups Water (1L or 1 quart, filtered or bottled)
- 40 grams Ginger Root
- 40 grams Turmeric root
- Wash, peel, and slice the ginger and turmeric. Throw it in a jug filled with water and place it in the fridge overnight.
Strawberry Infused Water
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a jar, layer the strawberries or blueberries with the ice cubes. Fill the jar or pitcher with water. Let chill for 10 minutes
If you are interested in this recipe, you would love: