Knock out all of your friends with these vegan, baked, cauliflower steaks. This is a tender and crispy steak topped with herbs, tahini dressing, toasted pine nuts, and a squeeze of lemon. Serve it with fish or tofu for a delicious and balanced meal.
What Are Cauliflower Steaks?
Until I tested these, I was unsure why it was called “steak” but after trying, I understand. It’s moist on the inside, crispy on the outside and you eat it like steak by slicing it with a knife and fork.
How to Cut the Cauliflower?
Cut the cauliflower through the stem, making it between 2.5-3 cm wide. From one head, you can get 2-3 steaks so you can save the remaining flowers for another recipe!
Massage the Cauliflower Steak
Place the cauliflower steak on a parchment-lined baking sheet. In a bowl mix: olive oil, paprika, salt, and minced garlic. Using your hand or a brush, massage the cauliflower from both sides with this mixture and then bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, flip the steak and bake for another 15 minutes or until it is tender and golden on the edges.
Cauliflower Steaks With Tahini Herbs Dressing
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 4 tbsp smoked paprika
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp roasted pine nuts
- fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Cut the cauliflower to 2.5 cm slices
- mix 2 tbsp olive oil with the paprika in a wide plate. Rub both sides of the cauliflower with the mixture.
- Line baking trays with baking paper and place cauliflower steaks on tray. Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, flip the steak and bake for another 15 or until the steak is tender and golden on the edges.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of the Tahini herb dressing over the steaks
- Finish with roasted pine nuts, a squeeze of lemon and fresh parsley leaves
Middle Eastern inspired dressing
The combination of cauliflower and tahini sauce is a perfect match. By adding herbs, garlic, and hot pepper we create the perfect dressing for our steak! If you don’t have tahini sauce, this steak will still be delicious with any dressing you have on hand. Try it with plain yogurt or mexican salsa depending on your mood.
Tahini Herb Dressing
- ½ cup whole tahini
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- ½ green hot pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup water add water if needed
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend till you get a smooth and creamy texture
- Add water if you want the texture to be more thinner
For more vegan recipes, go to:
Buddha Bowl – All You Need To Know +Amazing Recipes For Free!!!!