When you roast red cabbage steak, something amazing happens . It brings out a gentle sweetness in the cabbage and a perfect balance between soft and crispy texture in your mouth. In this dish, I paired the cabbage with parsley, roasted garlic, and some chili flakes; you can add fennel seed for extra flavor. This dish is easy to make, has low calorie, low carbs and so tasty. You won’t believe that this is only a cabbage.
How to Cut Cabbage into steaks?
Peel off all damages leaves, cut cabbage from rot side to bottom into 2cm thick slices. Use an extra sharp knife and make sure you make use of a firm cutting board.
Brush the cabbage steaks
In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp olive oil together, 2 smashed garlic clove, salt, and pepper to taste and 1 tbsp fennel seed(optional)
Arrange the cabbage steaks onto the parchment paper-lined sheet. Brush the cabbage steaks gently with the oil mixture.
The final touch to make your cabbage steak amazing!
Garnish with fresh parsley leaves and drizzle some whole sesame tahini and walla; you have an amazing looking dish that taste so good!!!!
Garlicky Red Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 1 cabbage head
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cloves garlic smashes
- Salt and paper to taste
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- Fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp whole sesame tahini
- ½ tbsp chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Slice the cabbage into a size of 2cm and arrange on the baking sheet. Brush with the oil, smash garlic, fennel seed, salt, chili flake, and pepper. Flip and brush the other side as well.
- Roast for 18-20 minutes or until you notice that the outer edges are nicely crisp and the surface begins to caramelize.
- Top with fresh parsley and drizzle a whole sesame tahini
If you are interested in this recipe, you would love: