Welcome to the MYMODERNOASIS 7-Day Clean Eating Detox Plan.
Before we get started, we would like to congratulate you on taking the first step towards a healthy, better future. Well done!
Now, let’s begin with an introduction to the daily meals inside this eating plan.
What’s included in the daily meals?
In this clean eating detox meal plan, we cut out all forms of added sugar (this includes: honey, maple syrup, and all other sweeteners), and load up on delicious whole foods for a week of clean eating. Instead of sweet juices and low nutrition salads, you will find lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, fiber-rich whole grains, lean protein, and healthy fats.
The idea is to eat a balanced meal every 3 hours in order to keep your sugar levels balanced throughout the day so that you don’t end up suddenly feeling extreme hunger or tiredness.
There are no cheat meals, no slip-ups for just 7 days!
During your 7-day detox period, try not to eat outside the meal plan. Prepare to make your own meals in advance to avoid temptations during this balanced week of clean eating, it will help you feel more energized, refreshed, and will help you lose weight.
Tips and tricks
- Drink loads of water. Aim for least 10 cups a day. Check out our Detox Water recipes for some inspiration.
- Drink lots of Herbal tea.
- Try to reduce your salt intake (use Atlantic sea salt instead).
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before you go to bed (you can drink tea and water).
- Eat loads of fresh and cooked green vegetables.
- Don’t eat fruit at night.
- Adopt a more mindful approach to mealtimes.
Foods we completely avoid during the 7 days of clean eating
- Any type of sugar
- Processed food
- Coffee (only once a week, we know it’s hard!)
- Any type of soda drinks including diet sodas
- Refined grains. So, unfortunately, no pizza and pasta
- Processed dressing (like ketchup, mayonnaise and other condiments)
- Black tea
- Pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Meat (fish is allowed)
- Tomatoes and eggplants
Foods we limit
- 3 portions of healthy fat a day:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 7 almonds
- 1/3 avocado
- 10 olives
- 1/2 cup of milk a day
- Coconut milk
- Almond milk
- Soy milk
- Oat milk
- 1 cup of whole grain
- Whole oats
- Brown rice
- Whole-grain barley
- Seitan (wheat gluten)
- Fish (120g)
- 2 fruit a day (including smoothies)
- 1/2 banana
- 2 plums
- Kiwi fruit
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 1 cup of sliced watermelon or melon
- 1 cup of strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries
- 1 1/2 fruit portion, 1/2 cup soy or almond milk or 1/3 coconut milk, 2 tbsp Quaker Oats, 2 tbsp chia seeds.
One of these options for when you feel like a snack:
- Cucumber, celery, and carrot stick with 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 6 almonds
- 2 peanut butter-oat energy balls
- 1 hard-boiled egg seasoned with a pinch each of salt & pepper and vegetable sticks
For lunch, treat yourself to this delicious, colorful Buddha bowl which you can mix and match from a variety of options. Just make sure that you include: 1 cup of whole-grain, a 150-gram portion of protein, one portion of healthy fat, and lots of vegetables – either roasted or fresh.
Pick a combination from the snack list above.
For dinner, avoid eating grains unless it is combined with legumes, and use only one portion of fat. You can start the dinner with 2 cups of vegan vegetable soup and 150 grams of protein together with fresh or cooked vegetables.
- 150-gram tofu with vegetable and skinny pasta
- 150-gram roasted salmon with a veggie steak
- 1 1/2 cup Mujaddara with a fresh vegetable salad
- 1/2 butternut squash with tofu and mushroom
- 4 veggie balls with fresh salad and 2 tbsp dressing
- Creamy Thai Orange Soup With Basil + 100-gram tofu crouton
- My Modern Quinoa Bowl- Our Favorite Quinoa Bowl Recipe!
- You can have any drink that naturally contains zero calories such as club soda
- Tea (green, herbal, detox tea)
Menu for example
|Breakfast||All-Green Smoothie Bowl||Chia and Strawberry Breakfast Jar||Banana & Palm Smoothie||Overnight Oats, Chia, and Blueberry Breakfast Jar||Green Detox Smoothie||Banana & Strawberry Smoothie||The Cosy Oatmeal Bowl|
|Healthy snack||Cucumber, celery, and carrot sticks with 2 tbsp tahini paste||Hard-boiled egg, seasoned with a pinch each of salt & pepper and vegetable sticks||6 almonds||Cucumber, celery, and carrot sticks with 2 tbsp tahini paste||Hard-boiled egg seasoned with a pinch each of salt & pepper and vegetable sticks||2 peanut butter-oat energy balls||Cucumber, celery, and carrot sticks with 2 tbsp tahini paste|
|Lunch||Detox Buddha Bowl||Green Goddess Buddha Bowl||Avocado Buddha Bowl||Roasted Squash bowl with Avocado Dressing||Avocado Buddha Bowl||My Quinoa Bowl||Roasted Squash bowl with Avocado Dressing|
|Healthy snack||Hard-boiled egg seasoned with a pinch each of salt & pepper and vegetable sticks||6 almonds||2 peanut butter-oat energy balls||Hard-boiled egg seasoned with a pinch each of salt & pepper and vegetable sticks||2 peanut butter-oat energy balls||6 almonds||2 peanut butter-oat energy balls|
|Dinner||1 1/2 cup Mujaddara with a fresh vegetable salad||150-gram roasted salmon with a veggie steak||1 1/2 cup Mujaddara with a fresh vegetable salad||4 veggie balls with fresh salad and 2 tbsp dressing||150-gram roasted salmon with a veggie steak||My Modern Quinoa Bowl||4 veggie balls with fresh salad and 2 tbsp dressing|
Looking for a little something extra? You can always add vegan vegetable soup as an appetizer.
How to meal-prep
A bit of meal-prep in advance makes the busy weekdays easier and ensures that you’ll stick with your clean eating detox plan.
- Scald a large portion of green vegetables such as broccoli, green peas, soybeans and others.
- Make a large portion of wild rice or quinoa that can last for 3 days of Buddha Bowls.
- Prepare 3 portions of tofu croutons that count towards your protein in the Buddha Bowl and for the tofu with vegetable and skinny pasta dishes.
- Cook a big pot of vegan vegetable soup.
- Boil and refrigerate 5 eggs to have with the Detox Buddha Bowl on Days 1 and 4 as snacks throughout the week.
- Make 2 jars of chia pudding.
- Assemble the peanut butter-oat energy balls.
- Prepare a pot of Mujaddara for days 1 and 3.
Optional: supplements & substitutes (seek advice from your doctor)
Help your body to detox by taking supplements and substitutes that will strengthen your immune system and keep you strong.
- Vitamin D (learn more about the benefits of Vitamin D).
- B12 – your doctor can test your vitamin B12 levels to see if you have a deficiency. (learn more about the benefits of B12).
- Probiotics (learn more about the benefits of Probiotics).
- To help with swelling and bloating – 1 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar with a cup of water first thing in the morning.
- Clean Me Green Pukka Herbal Blend that can help the detox process.
Harness the power of superfoods
Superfoods are plant-based foods which are known to be nutritionally dense and good for health. We know that there are many conflicts about the term “SUPERFOOD” and that some say it’s only a marketing gimmick, but everyone agrees that eating foods which are loaded with nutrients is always a good idea.
Example of superfoods
Dark green leaves such as kale, chard, and spinach
Nutritional benefits: folate, zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium, vitamin C, and fiber.
Nutritional benefits: packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
Nutritional benefits: rich in antioxidants and polyphenolic compounds that have strong anti-inflammatory agents.
Still curious? Find out more about superfoods.
Ways to help your body to detox
- Body brushing – gently brushing dry skin with a special soft-bristled brush helps increase blood flow, boosts lymphatic drainage.
- Massage – treat yourself to a massage, preferably a deep tissue massage that will encourage waste to be eliminated.
- Drink a lot of water – you can drink our cleansing water or herbal tea blends.
- Clean sleep – give your body the chance to heal deeply, restore, and renew.
- Be on the move – this detox isn’t intense. It should make you feel great and have more energy.
- Meditate– Meditation is incredibly helpful in healing the body and helps if you are feeling stressed and tired.